|Accessing End of Year Grade Reports (updated instructions)|
Upper school parents:
1. Log in at www.mosesbrown.org/app (My MB)
2. Click on your child's name at the top of the page.
3. Look in the Performance box for the report links. Click the link and you will then see a list of available reports.
These summary report cards will also be mailed home.
We’re pleased to present a new part of our school website called My MB. The name fits because, as you’ll see, it’s a more personal approach to information sharing for our school. There’s a brief overview posted here (PDF)
for general guidance.
Why are we launching it now?
May seemed the best option. This way our community can get familiar with it prior to the fall, and we can further consider how to make it function most effectively as a resource over the coming months. Your patience as we go through the process of implementation is appreciated.
Things to know:
- Your log-in is the same.
- The directory, calendar, and sports schedule are available on the Activity Stream & Resources tab, as are the division pages, which host the daily and weekly bulletins.
Keep your family's information up-to-date
|Please email us if you have a new address or another contact information change.|
|Your log in for the school website and MB's internal network/email are not the same. If you need assistance with website sign in details please use the "Need login help?" option or contact the Communications office via email. For students, faculty and staff: if you are having trouble signing into the Cloud, MB network (via a computer on campus) or MB email, please contact the Technology department.|
Remember that if you have your MB Cloud set up correctly it allows for single sign-on to the network, website and other resources at the same time.
Information essentials (log in for more division-specific information)
|School Buildings & Office Hours|
Campus buildings are accessible during work hours, with the following exceptions (see the division handbooks for further specifics)
- The School Store is open 7:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday; closed Wednesdays (except on the first day of school).
- The Walter Jones Library is open 7:45-4:30 Monday through Thursday; 7:45-3:00 Friday.
|Where to park/traffic safety -- Lower School|
The Lower School parking lot, located next to the Dwares Family Student Center, is reserved for eligible Lower School families during the following times in the morning: early arrival families from 7:30 to 7:45 a.m., and for all nursery and pre-primary families from 7:45 to 8:30 a.m. Nursery and pre-primary families receive parking permits; early arrival families may use the lot prior to 7:45 a.m. without a permit. The MB parking attendant will not allow any cars without permits to enter the lot after 7:45 a.m. New permits are issued each year. The lot will be used for campus visitors and deliveries after 8:30 a.m., and everyone may use any non-reserved spaces during the day and for afternoon pick-up. We encourage you to lock your car any time it is left unattended. We cannot be responsible for theft or any lost items.Parking:
There is street parking available on Alumni Avenue, Morris Avenue, and Olney Street. Morris Avenue is one-way from 7:45 to 8:30 a.m. and from 2:45 to 3:30 p.m. This means that it is necessary to enter Alumni Avenue from Hope Street and drive east, turning left on Morris Avenue after you have dropped off your child. Parents should not park in the Moses Brown Faculty/Staff Parking Lot. Lower school parents are permitted to use the access road as a drop-off and pick-up location only. Please note that cars should never be left unattended in the access road as it is in violation of the school’s fire and safety code.Drop-off and Pick-up Information:
- On the access road, the area in front of Friends Hall is a drop-off area for upper school and middle school students (Access to this entrance is at the lower gates, on Lloyd Avenue, near the softball field).
- Olney Street (at intersection of Morris Avenue) — where children can walk on a sidewalk all the way to lower school, assisted by a crossing guard on Alumni Avenue.
- Olney Street (between the Friends Meeting House and the Head of School residence) — where children can follow a short path to the back gate.
There are crossing guards at both the front and back entrances, and at the corner of Olney and Morris, to assure that you and/or your child arrive safely on campus. All pedestrians should use the walkway next to the Waughtel-Howe Field House; this is designed to separate vehicle and pedestrian traffic as one enters campus from the back gate.
|Traffic safety -- Middle & Upper School|
As in any urban setting, traffic around Moses Brown is busy and both drivers and pedestrians are urged to be cautious and observant when entering or leaving the campus. Please observe all parking signs on campus and on public streets. Crossing guards at the front gate on Lloyd Avenue, and at the corner of Olney and Morris, are there to assist with crossing safely.
Listed below are drop-off and pick-up points:
- Cobblestone area in front of Friends Hall -- for upper and lower school students.
- Carpenter Gate, at intersection of Alumni and Morris avenues. N.b.: Morris Avenue is one-way (going north) between Alumni Avenue and Olney Street from 7:45 to 8:30 a.m. and from 2:45 to 3:30 p.m.
- Intersection of Olney Street and Morris Avenue. Children can walk on a sidewalk all the way to the interior of the campus, including the lower school, assisted by a crossing guard on Alumni Avenue and a Security guard at the Carpenter Gate.
N.b. For the safety of all, it is imperative that cars are never parked or left unattended in a fire lane on campus. Those parking illegally, as sometimes happens along the access road in front of the Collis Science Center and Alumni Hall, can expect to be reminded by administrators to park elsewhere. Repeated instances will result in revocation of the right to drive on campus.
Students attending Moses Brown School come from many areas of Rhode Island and nearby Massachusetts. Follow this link
for some transportation possibilities that might aid your family.
If you are on-the-run and need information such as sports team game or practice schedules or quick access to the school directory look no further. Our MB mobile website
offers a great deal of information right at your fingertips.
Via a site feature called My Notifications (log in required), MB will also soon be launching further ways for parents, faculty, and staff to receive non- emergency automated text and email updates from the school
Important documents (scroll for all). Check back for updates...