Apply for Financial Aid
Financial Aid Information at Office of Admission
Moses Brown School recognizes the educational value of a school community that includes students with a variety of talents, attributes, and cultural backgrounds. This supports the practice of strong Quaker principles and the value of the various contributions that students make: academic, artistic, and athletic. The financial aid program is designed to establish the best student body possible and enhance the educational experience for all of our students.
We partner with School and Student Services (SSS) by NAIS in our financial aid process. To begin your financial aid application, you will complete SSS’s Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). Forms should be submitted no later than February 1, 2019. After the deadline has passed, please submit all forms as soon as possible. Please allow sufficient time to complete the PFS. You will need your most recent tax return before beginning the PFS. We also recommend that you review the wide range of materials that SSS has put together to help families with the financial aid process at sss.nais.org/Parents.
To make our decision, we use the information from the PFS as a starting point but also consider our school policy, practices, and available budget, and communicate the result to you.
HOW TO COMPLETE THE PARENTS’ FINANCIAL STATEMENT (PFS) ONLINE
1. Beginning November 1, 2018, go to sss.nais.org/Parents.
2. Create your PFS Online account with your email address and a password. If you applied for financial aid last year, simply login to the PFS Online as a Returning Family, using the email address and password you set up last year.
3. Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2019-20 any time after November 1, 2018 and you can log out of the PFS Online at any time and then return later to complete it.
HOW TO SUBMIT REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ONLINE
1. Prepare your documents to be uploaded. Make sure the documents are on your computer, each saved as a separate file. They can be saved in any of the following file formats: Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe pdf, .jpg, .gif,or .tif. Remove any security or password protection from your pdfs.
2. Return to the PFS Online and login.
3. Select the Academic Year 2019-20 button.
4. From your PFS Online Dashboard, click on the “Manage Documents” tab.
5. On the Manage Documents page, under “Upload Documents,” click “Browse,” then locate the document on your computer.
6. Click “Upload Documents.” Once you have uploaded a document, it will NOT appear immediately in the“Received Documents” section on this page. It can takeup to 48 hours for it to be received and validated.
KEY INFORMATION TO COMPLETE THE PFS:
-Our school’s full name: Moses Brown School SSS code: 5206
-Contact information for our financial aid office: Hugh Madden, Dir. of Financial Aid (email@example.com)
-Due date for completing the PFS and additional forms: December 31, 2018
-Documents we require you to submit, in addition to the PFS: 2016 & 2017 Federal Tax Returns w/W2’s, Business or Farm Statement if you own your own business 2018-2019